A port in the city, a city in a port
Located in the heart of the city, Concarneau port is characterised by a mix of activities and trades related to shipbuilding and repairs, fishing, pleasure boating and sailing.
Inseparable from the walled city, the port is part of the maritime heritage landscape of Concarneau, a coastal town very popular for its quality of life and great tourist appeal in Brittany.
Concarneau, a stronghold rich with 1,000 years of history, lives according to and for the sea. The town was built in the Middle Ages, starting from the walled city, in the Moros estuary, a natural shelter that encouraged development of the port. Over time, the town developed around its port. Ships have been built here for centuries and the shipping industry plays a major role, currently representing 1,500 jobs.
From fishing boats to luxury yachts or military ships, in a global and competitive context, the vigour of the businesses in the shipbuilding and repair cluster of Concarneau port is an element of appeal.
All of these reasons make Concarneau shipbuilding and repair port a citizen port committed to human safety, protection of its inhabitants’ lifestyles, respect for the environment and sustainable economic development.
Administrator: Brittany Region – operation delegated to CARENCO
Fishing port and market
Administrators: Port authority delegated to the joint fishing and marina harbours association of Cornouaille, operation delegated to CCI-MBO
Administrators: Brittany Region – Port authority delegated to the joint fishing and marina harbours association of Cornouaille, operation delegated to the city of Concarneau
AN INDUSTRIAL CLUSTER
at the service of shipowners
Concarneau is a major place for shipbuilding and repairs and a source of French pride with international reach. At the heart of Concarneau port, an industrial cluster of 50 businesses and 1,500 professionals, joined together within the IPC, Interprofession du port de Concarneau, has know-how and long experience in every speciality:
- Shipbuilding, engineering and project management industrial (PIRIOU), pleasure craft (JFA Yachts), sailing (Kaïros), etc.
- Boat maintenance and repairs, in-service maintenance, engine mechanics: industrial (Piriou Naval Services, Méca diesel, SEMIM), pleasure craft (JFA Yachts), small fishing/recreational boats (CN Diffusion)
- Electricity, electronics, security: BARILLEC Marine, SIECMI, Marinelec, PIC, etc.
- Refrigeration, air conditioning, insulation:
Paumier, Concarnoise de froid, Atlantiso, etc.
- Painting, careening, cleaning: SAEN, Hempel, Sanitra Fourrier, etc.
- Hydraulics, machining, conveying, transmission: Bretagne Hydraulique, ACC, Blys, etc.
- Lifting, handling, services:
Armor Manutention Service, SOS Plongée, Pilotage, etc.
- Bunkering, fittings, industrial supplies: Armor Ship, Coopérative maritime, SCA/Tallec, etc.